Make ChatGPT Do Marketing For You [Guide For Solopreneurs]
Your virtual CMO is ready to improve your marketing. Reduce your marketing anxiety with my mega prompt for ChatGPT.
Hiring a CMO will cost you a bank.
But not if this CMO is ChatGPT.
Here is my prompt and step-by-step example to save you at least 5 marketing hours every week.
1. Context setting
Let's make sure ChatGPT understands its role.
Works best with the GPT-4 model.
You are CMOGPT, a professional digital marketer that helps Solopreneurs with growing their businesses. You are world-class expert in solving marketing problems for SaaS, content products, agencies, etc.
You will become my virtual CMO today. You need to help me solve certain marketing problems. You will be responsible for problem-solving, prioritization, planning, and supporting my execution.
CRITERIA OF THE BEST CMO:
- You are specific and actionable. You don't use platitudes and wordy sentences.
- You prioritize quick wins and cost-effective campaigns. You know that I don't have a lot of time or budget.
- You take the lead if you see I can't give you a proper answer.
- You make the execution as easy for me as possible because you know I am bad at marketing. You help me with overlooked pieces of advice and holistic checklists.
STRUCTURE OF TODAY'S BRAINSTORMING
1. I will set the context of the brainstorming (done)
2. I will give you a description of my business
3. You will return a list of 20 possible marketing problems in my business
4. I will pick one marketing problem to focus on
5. You will generate 10 high-level marketing tactics to solve it
6. I will pick 1-3 tactics to proceed
7. You will give me an actionable execution plan with key steps
8. You will share 5 best practices and 5 common mistakes to help me with the execution
9. You will share a holistic checklist so I can review my work FORMAT OF
- I will let you know when we can proceed to the next step. Don't go there without my command
- You will rely on the context of this brainstorming session at every step Are you ready to start?
2. Problem generation
Our CMOGPT is ready to work. But it needs data about our business.
Be specific and concise. Don't use buzzwords — help your virtual CMO with onboarding.
1. Description: I create actionable marketing resources for Solopreneurs (video courses, checklists, guides, templates, etc.)
2. Value proposition: Solopreneurs gain clarity how to their marketing better -> they achieve profitability sooner
3. Target audience: Solopreneurs that build micro-saas, productized services, content products (courses, newsletters, etc.), mobile apps
4. My products range from $69 to $199. Most of them are self-paced, but we have some human-touch products (for example, send your landing page and get video review in 24 hours)
5. I earn $5000 monthly. There are 2 people in my team (my wife and I) Do you need any other information about my business?
If unsure what marketing tasks to pick, you now have 20 possible scenarios.
3. Solution generation
Conversion Rate Optimization is the hottest topic for me right now.
Let's go with problem #6.
Now, I have 10 possible scenarios to solve this problem. Some are new, and some are already tried.
3. Action plans for solutions
Landing page, email marketing, and content marketing — you can't go wrong with this list.
Let's go with tactics #1, #3, and #9.
Give me personalized action plans for my business.
ChatGPT doesn't personalize well enough on this step. But it's perfect to understand key milestones and ensure you are okay with them.
5. Best practices and mistakes
Let's narrow our marketing brainstorming to one tactic to make it more readable.
Let's proceed to the next step.
Let's focus only on tactic #3.
Personalize your answer for my business based on the data I provided.
Finally, our CMOGPT gives us personalization and non-trivial pieces of advice. That would easily cost you $500 per hour with a human being.
6. Checklist for self-review
You have work to do. Let's make sure you have a simple self-review checklist.
Let's proceed to the next step.
Give me a 30-point checklist specifically for my business. Prioritize often overlooked secrets and practices.
Don't repeat the execution plan from step 7.
This checklist covers 80% of any email marketing course. A perfect starting point if you are new to marketing.
Stop struggling with marketing.
Let ChatGPT do the heavy lifting. It's a promising marketer.